Please make sure that you are logged in.
Member sign in is in the upper right corner of the screen.
If you can log into The Local but are still blocked from reading articles, you may need to check the following:
- Check that the email address being used to log in matches the one used to purchase your membership. You can check this by looking at the welcome email.
- Check that you have an active membership at The Local. When you are logged on the edition/country page you subscribed to (Europe, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden or Switzerland) visit the MY ACCOUNT section where you can see if your membership is active.
- It is possible to only subscribe to our free newsletter. If you have registered with The Local to receive the free newsletter, you will not be able to read all articles on The Local. You can upgrade your subscription at any time to receive full member access.
- If you have started an account at The Local but have not yet purchased a membership it will not be possible to read all articles on The Local. Once you complete your membership purchase you will have unrestricted access to The Local.
- For myriad technical reasons, and sometimes for security purposes, you will occasionally find yourself logged out of The Local. We recommend using The Local with a browser in its default settings as any changes can mean that The Local website won't be able to recognise you.